HIMSS Austin Virtual Lunch 'n Learn: 2020 In Review - A Health Tech Investor's Perspective
Virtual Online Event
During January's Lunch & Learn event, Emma Cartmell will give our members an overview of capital investments in health technology in 2020. It will include lessons learned from an investor's perspective, such as changing investment criteria and profiles moving forward.
Speakers: Emma Cartmell
Ms. Cartmell is the founding partner at Cartmell Ventures responsible for leading investments in digital health companies such as B.well, Watershed Health, and QBD Vision. She has 10 active digital health investments and serves as a board member to most of the companies in her portfolio.
- Healthcare M&A Lead at Cappello Global Investment Bank - Led healthcare buy and sell side opportunities
- Founding COO of NantHealth - $1B Private Equity Fund founded in 2010 - built a 50 person team and invested in and acquired over 50 companies. NantHealth rolled-up the companies and went public in 2015 for a market cap of $2.2B
- COO of Personalized Medicine at Abraxis BioScience – Led company’s digital transformation and focus on personalized medicine enabling an 8X revenue acquisition by Celgene for $2.9B
- VP Healthcare Advanced Programs & Business Development at SAIC – Healthcare lead for SAIC’s roadshow leading to an IPO of $7.3B. Refocused healthcare strategy and led business development for a $500M healthcare business unit
- Morgan Stanley - Healthcare Investment Advisory Board (Equity & Debt Expansion Capital Group)
- UnitedHealthcare – Mentor to UnitedHealthcare Techstars Program
- UT Dell Medical School – Mentor to Health Catalyst Program and annual guest professor for the MBA Healthcare program
- British Government - Advisor to department of international trade on the US Digital Health market
- Board member of HIMSS North America - Outstanding Service Award 2017. HIMSS is a global non-profit organization with over 50,000 members focused on improving health through information and technology.
- Founding board member of Austin Healthcare Council
Just announced - 1/7/20 - Special Guest: Amit Aysola, one of the top investors recognized within the healthtech industry, will be joining Emma Cartmell of Cartmell Ventures for a special Q&A session!
Amit Aysola is a Managing Director at Wanxiang Healthcare Investments and has over 15 years of consulting, operations, and investment banking experience in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining WHI in 2016, Amit was a Principal at Healthcare Growth Partners, a transaction and strategic advisory firm exclusively focused on the Health IT market.